By accessing Tourism NT’s website, you consent to the following terms and conditions.
1. Intellectual property
1.1. Tourism NT owns intellectual property in the words, video, sounds and images displayed on this website. Some of the logos and phrases are protected by registered trademarks including the stylised brolga logo. Other material including words, video, sounds and images may be subject to copyright owned by Tourism NT or third parties.
1.2. Tourism NT reserves all its rights in the intellectual property published on this website.
1.3. Other than as permitted by the Copyright Act, no part of any material contained in Tourism NT web pages can be reproduced, copied or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written consent of the copyright owner.
1.4. If you wish to use any material from this website, please contact us by email.
2. Accuracy of information
2.1. Tourism NT provides the information and content displayed on this website to promote tourism in the Northern Territory as a service to the community.
2.2. Tourism NT does not warrant, and makes no representation, as to the accuracy of any information or content displayed on the website or its suitability for your use. You must make your own enquiries to satisfy yourself that the information on this website is accurate. You should not rely on this information to make decisions.
3.1. Tourism NT does not warrant the functionality of the website or any features of the website. Tourism NT reserves the right to change the website or remove it or its functionality without any notice.
4. Third party comments
4.1. Tourism NT displays comments from third party websites on this website including comments from members of the public on Trip Advisor. Your use of Trip Advisor is governed by the terms and conditions of Trip Advisor as displayed on its website. By accessing Trip Advisor through Tourism NT’s website, you accept the terms and conditions of Trip Advisor as displayed on its website. Tourism NT does not edit or control the comments posted on Trip Advisor.
5. Third party content
5.1. Tourism NT displays content from third party websites on this website. Tourism NT does not warrant the accuracy of any information or content provided by third parties. You must contact the third parties to ensure the accuracy of the content. You accept the terms and conditions of any third parties displaying content on this website. You should not rely on this information to make decisions.
6. Third party bookings
6.1. Tourism NT does not provide bookings for tourism, travel, transportation, event or other related products and services. Tourism NT does not endorse or warrant the quality of any third party products or services. Any bookings are made with third parties direct or through their agents. You must contact the third parties to confirm the suitability of any bookings. Any bookings you make with third parties are subject to the terms and conditions of third parties.
7. Third party links
7.1. Tourism NT provides links to websites owned and operated by third parties. Tourism NT does not warrant the accuracy of information, the functionality or bona fides of any such website. You click on any links to external websites at your own risk. You must make your own enquiries to satisfy yourself that the information on third party websites is accurate. You should not rely on this information to make decisions.
8. Disclaimer and indemnity
8.1. Tourism NT disclaims any and all liability arising from your use of this website, including, but not limited to, liability arising from:
(a) the publication of content on this website;
(b) providing links to third party websites;
(c) your booking of products or services promoted by third parties on this website;
(d) your use and reliance on information displayed on this website;
(e) the display of information about third party products and services on this website; and
(f) the display of comments by members of the public on this website.
8.2. You release and indemnify, and keep Tourism NT released and indemnified, against all Claims, and all costs arising from claims, brought by you or by any third parties arising from:
(a) the publication of content on this website;
(b) your clicking on links to third party websites;
(c) your use and reliance on information displayed on this website;
(d) your booking of products or services promoted by third parties on this website;
(e) the display of information about third party products and services on this website;
(f) intellectual property subsisting in content displayed on this website; and
(g) the display of comments by members of the public on this website.
“Claims” include any and all claims for any losses or damages, including incidental or consequential damages.
9.1. You agree that your use of this website is governed by the laws of the Northern Territory and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Territory to resolve any disputes or claims.
Better Luck in Love 2017
1. The promoter is: Tourism Northern Territory whose registered office is at Charles Darwin Centre, 19 The Mall, Darwin City NT Australia 0800.
2. Employees of Tourism Northern Territory or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via the Million Dollar Fish Website.
5. Closing date for entry will be 1 February 2017. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
i. The competition is only open to Australian residents aged 18 and above
ii.The competition is a game of skill. Two (2) winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter based on the creativity of their answers to the question “Describe your perfect catch”.
iii.Each of the winners will receive the following: return airfares to Darwin; two (2) nights’ accommodation in Darwin; participation in Australia’s first blind date at sea
iv.Any and all additional costs associated with the prize are the responsibility of the winners, including but not limited to food and beverage, additional activities and transfers
v.Winners will be expected to purchase travel insurance to cover the period of their travel for the prize. Further information can be found at the Million Dollar Fish Website.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. The promoter will not be held responsible for any illness or injury that occurs to the winners in association with the prize.
11. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
12. The winners will be notified by email and/or phone within 5 working days of the closing date. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Northern Territory law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Northern Territory.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. By accepting this prize, the winner agrees to participate in any national or local broadcast/print/online media interviews and/or photo opportunities arranged by the promotor.